A glimpse of Chopta:-
A Mini Switzerland of India, Chopta is small settlement and unspoiled natural destination, which is still unexplored by travelers, surrounded the forest of pine, deodar, and rhododendron lying in lap of Uttarakhand Himalayas. The morning view from Chopta is rejuvenating when the crimson rays of sun kiss the snow-clad Himalayas.
It is beautiful hill station having superb treks and trails cutting through jungles and grassland. Tungnath, Devriyatal, and Chandrashila are best-known trekking routes in the Chopta region. Because of the abundance of birds, Chopta is becoming popular among birdwatchers. www.buywatcheswiss.com
Explore More about Chopta:-
The hill town of Chopta is also known as “Mini Switzerland”, perched at elevation of 2680 m, in Rudraprayag district of Uttarakhand. It is surrounded by dense forest and offers a view of the majestic snow-clad Himalayan range including Trishul, Nanda Devi, and Chaukhamba. www.watchesko.com
Chopta is epicenter of Panch Kedar (famous Shiva temples), two on right side – “Rudranath and Kalpeshwar”, two the left side – “Kedarnath and Madmaheshwar” and one is top of Chopta – “Tungnath”, which is highest Shiva Temple in the world. www.iwatchs.es
Best Things to do in Chopta:-
- Trekking:- The Chopta – Tungnath – Chandrashila trek is quite popular among the trekkers in Chopta region. It takes you through the grassland and covers some of the best views of nature’s beauty. Chandrashila:- One can reach Chandrashila by trekking a little more than 1km from Tungnath. It is located at an astonishing elevation of 4090 m. There is 360-degree panoramic view the majestic Himalayas from Chandrashila. It is also the highest point of mountain on which Chopta and Tungnath Temple are situated. www.inwatchesreplica.com
- Bird Watching:- Bird watchers can enjoy the enchanting of rare Himalayan species of monal bird.
- Get Connected:- One can reconnect with nature as well as connect with the villagers of Chopta to know more about their lifestyle, culture, customs, and traditions. www.iwatchs.es
- Tungnath Temple: – Visit Tungnath temple, the highest temple of Lord Shiva in world at elevation of 3680 m. above sea level. The trek to Tungnath Temple begins from Chopta. A short and easy 4km trek to Tungnath temple is worth the time.
Best Time to Visit Chopta:-
Summer (March-May):- It is the best time to visit Chopta due to its pleasant weather. It has a maximum temperature of 30 degrees Celcius and minimum temperature around 10 degrees Celcius.
Monsoon (July–September):- Moderate amount of rainfall during these months in the region of Chopta. Monsoon in this region makes the weather pleasant. One should carry adequate rain gear during the trip to Chopta.
Winter (November–February):- Winter in Binsar is brisk cold, with a maximum temperature of 15 degrees Celcius and a minimum temperature of around -5 degrees Celcius. Visiting Chopta during winter time is not advisable, as trekking routes will all be cut off.
Things to carry for Chopta:-
In terms of things to carry, it is advisable to pack sunscreen and some light cotton clothes during the summer period. Also, carry adequate rain gear as the climate changes frequently in hilly areas.
How to reach Chopta:-
By Air:- The nearest airport to Chopta is The Jolly Grand Airport, lies in the city of Dehradun at a distance of 220 km away. Flights to The Jolly Grand Airport fly daily from Delhi.
By Rail:- Rishikesh is the nearest railhead to Chopta, located around 200 km. Express Trains pass regularly to the town from different tourist destinations. The remaining distance then covered by road.
By Road:- Buses and Taxis are well connected by roads to popular cities in the state like Rishikesh, Rudraprayag, Gaurikund, Uttarkashi, and Pauri.
Why Chopta should be on the Bucket List:-
- Chopta is one of those travel destinations that remain unexplored from the major tourist circuit.
- For the nature lover and trekking enthusiast, Chopta is a must visit
- It is full of green meadows and surrounded by mighty Himalayan ranges.
- Chopta is the best place on Earth for experiencing trekking, camping, yoga and survival activities.
- Photographers can enjoy taking photos of rare Himalayan species of monal bird, musk deer, and other flora and fauna species.
What do you think about this beautiful place? Is there any place you’ve explored? Comment below and let us know your story.