A glimpse of Majkhali:-
Ranikhet is known for its natural land and ample views. In which Majkhali is famous for its breathtaking views. It is 12km from the district of Ranikhet, which brings you much closer to nature. Majkhali is the most beautiful, unexplored place to visit in Ranikhet, which is surrounded by the pine, oak and deodar forest.
Majkhali is famous for its awe-inspiring panoramic sights and snow-capped Himalayan peaks like Trishul and Nanda Devi. It hosts a forest nursery with rare varieties of Flora & Fauna species and an assortment of beautiful sights.
Other than its natural land, this small hamlet is widely known for the shrine of Goddess Kali temple and numerous picnic spots in its nearby locations. Golf Course is one of the renowned picnic spot which is at a distance of 6 km from Majkhali on a road to Ranikhet.
Explore More about Majkhali:-
Festivals & Fairs:-
Nanda Devi:- It is one of the best-known festival of this region, held once in 12 years in the month of September to honour the Goddess–Nanda Devi and Sunanda Devi. It is believed that “Nanda” used to be their family Goddess as it is a symbol of prosperity.
Jageshwer Monsoon:- It has great religious importance for a kumaoni society which is celebrated with great zeal. It is organized from 15 July to 15 August. The Temple of Lord Jagannath is among the twelve “Jyotirlinga” of Lord Shiva in India, which was erected amidst the 8th-9th century.
Majkhali has some amazing food to offer. Try to have local food that is prepared in-house. Mutton is very famous in Majkhali. Try the local “Bhutwa” (mutton intestines) with sweet bun and Johi (Besan Curry) Bhat(Rice). If you end up missing city food, there are a couple of roadside stalls in the main market that serve some appetizing food.
Best Things to Do in Majkhali:-
- Hiking:- There are not many famous places to visit in this unexplored place in Ranikhet but it is a paradise for walkers. It is best experienced walking along its breezy lanes or hiking through its lust forest trails.
- Visit Temple:- There are no loud tourists, one can spot the chirping of birds, laze around on the golf course, visit the Goddess Kali temple or gaze in the vistas of the snow-capped peaks.
- Village Walk:- Walking through the villages is extremely well-liked because it provides insight into the lives and daily routine of the villagers. The walk leads through the forest to the main Shop some excellent quality woollen fabric and Kumaoni shawls at very reasonable rates from the main market.
- Famous Sweet:- Munch on the famous “Bal Mithai” which is a brown chocolate-like fudge, made with roasted khoya, coated with white sugar balls.
Best Time to Visit Majkhali:-
Summer (April-June):- It is the best time to visit Majkhali, given the pleasant weather that the town experiences. It has a maximum temperature of around 28 degrees Celsius and the minimum temperature around 8 degrees Celsius.
Winter (October–February):- Winters in Majkhali are crispy cold, with a maximum temperature of 15 degrees Celcius and a minimum temperature can be drop to -2 degrees Celcius. Weather in the early September to November months is pleasant but the weather gets quite cold particularly in the months of December-February. Snowfall in Majkhali gives additionally charming amidst these months.
Things to carry for Majkhali:-
Weather is quite pleasant, although sometimes it can get hot during summers so, in terms of things to carry, it is advisable to pack some loose clothes, which is lightweight and breathable. Do not forget to carry sunscreen as it can cause the tan to your body.
It can be a good idea to carry an umbrella or raincoat even during summers as the weather gets change frequently in hilly areas. Pack some heavy woollen clothes, if someone is planning to visit Majkhali during winters.
How to reach Majkhali:-
Majkhali is situated 12km from Ranikhet town on Almora road. One can easily reach Majkhali by hiring a taxi, shared jeep or bus from Ranikhet.
By Air:-The nearest airport is Pantnagar.
By Rail:- The nearest railhead to Ranikhet is Kathgodam. From Kathgodam one can take a bus or shared taxi to reach Majkhali.
By Road:- The nearest bus stop is in Haldwani.
Why Majkhali should be on the Bucket List:-
- Majkhali is for nature lovers. Those who love the peaceful atmosphere and natural beauty. Majkhali should undoubtedly be on the bucket list because it offers a salubrious atmosphere that produces visitors keen on this place.
As it is unexplored, far from loud tourists, screechy cars and fancy fast-food joints, one can enjoy their quality time with friends or family.
- This place is best for hiking; one can enjoy a short hike from forest to village markets and can see the beautiful government agriculture farm.
When are you going to visit this unexplored place in Ranikhet? Let us know in the comment box down below.